One Post : )

Lots of stuff, I think I'll try to put it all into just one post.

<<Question: How much could a large Carnivore consume, in the
course of a day?>>

In Greg Paul's "Predatory Dinosaurs of the World," there is an
appendix that has equations dealing with how much meat a carnivore
(warm-blooded) would need to consume daily.

<<Second Question: If a large predator like Allosaurus attacked one
of these Sauropod dinosaurs other than their tails how could they
protect themselves?>>

I'm not sure... stepping on them?  Again Greg Paul makes the
suggestion that the reason sauropds retained those nasty claws on
their hands and feet was to kick and slap any theropod that got a
little too close.

_Epantarias_ is (as far as I know) a junior synonym of _Allosaurus_.
 So is _Creosaurus_.  The material known as _Epantarias_ has been
classified as _Allosaurus amplexus_, and is considered to be
another species of _Allosaurus_ that is Very large and from the
upper-most Morrison.  _Creosaurs_ is the same as _Allosaurus
atrox_.  In my very, very humble opinion, I think that it (_Creosaurus_)
might warrent a sub-genus within _Allosaurus_.

About _Stegosaurus_.  I think that when Bob Bakker decided to split
up _Stegosaurus_, He put _S. ungilatus_, _S. armatus_, and some
others into _Stegosaurus_; and then put _S. stenops_ and _S.
lataceps_ into _Diracodon_.  I think I remember reading somewhere
that armatus was the type species of S., and was synonymous with
ungilatus.  Also that stenops and lataceps are synonymous too.
Again in my humble, humble opinion, I would support sub-generic
statis for those put into _Diracodon_.

Well, that's pretty much it.  I recently checked _The New Dinosaurs_
out from the library (that book is like Gold), and I was thinking that I
don't really like any of the dinosaurs he made up, so I thought I'd do
the thing that he did.  So I'm going to do that.  I would really like to
know what kind of dinosaurs lived on mainland Africa at the K-T,
where was India from ~100mya to now, and does anyone have any
idea what _Majungasaurus_ might be?

Now I'm done.  I'll talk to y'all later (Daren, if you really want to be like

an American and say y'all, you have to put the apostrophy between
the "Y" and the "A", not the "A" and the "L" :).

Peter Buchholz
Stang1996@aol.com

The best quotes of Q from TNG:
~"It is time to put an end to your little trek through the stars."
~"Don't be so naive, you obtuse piece of flotsom!"
~"Penny for your thoughts?"
~"Everything you know, your whole civilization; it all started right here
     in a little pond of goo."
~"Pray to whichever god you believe in to have mercy on your soul."