Re: Time Space and Matter -2

>Question: How much could a large Carnivor consume, in the course of a day?
>Now I know there is really no way to check the daily intake of one of these
>creatures, but a best guess will do.

I think this depends on whether they were endothermic or exothermic. Michael
Benton mentions something about a herd of 100 antelope sustaining one lion
or ten crocodiles. Another book (which, once again, I can't trace) said that
lions eat their own weight (approx) every six days while crocs take about sixty.

Greg Paul's study of T. rex (I've only read a summary in The Complete T.
rex) seems to be largly speculative. I think its based on percentages of
fossils, which are by no means conclusive.

Hope this helps.

James Shields  -  jshields@iol.ie  -  http://www.iol.ie/~jshields
And when the ark was finished Noah said unto Elvis, "What do you reckin?"
And Elvis checked out his own cabin and shook his head saying "poky".
And so did they knock several walls through and install a jaccuzzi.
And when it was all done Noah scratched his beard and said, "We don't have
room for all the animals now."
And Elvis perused the livestock list and in his wisdom said, "Lose the
dinosaurs."
        -Robert Rankin, The Suburban Book of the Dead