Re: Elitist unvieling & List domination(no .sig file)

As a non-educated dinosaur nut I'm surprised that you've gotten that
response to a post.  Could it have had something to do with your
approach?  The reason I ask is that I have asked many basic, mundane and
silly questions here and never once have I gotten a rude reply.

I have been astonished at the courtesy here based on experience in MANY
other news groups.  So, on the contrary, I have found this group of people
to be one of the most helpful groups around.  I may sometimes get perplexed
by post from folks like Tom Holz because of all the scientific jargon
that sails about 200 feet over my head, but why the hell should a
scientist, who has spent years learning terms that describe in one word
what might take me a paragraph, be expected educate me?

The internet was originaly developed as a tool for professionals and
educators to share research.  Anyone who would expect differently is
being naive.  In Robert Bakkers book _Dinosaur Harasies_ he says early in
the book that he would be astonished if other VPs didn't get "angry" with
some of his conclusions.  Being challenged seems to be part of the
profession.

As far as your feelings on AOL bashing, you can't go anywhere on the
internet and not get bashed being on AOL.  I find this imature.  But I
find your emotional reaction the same.  Maybe you had a bad day.

        Greg Claytor
        greg1@svpal.org