Re: Elitist unvieling & List domination(no .sig file)

Look, I know that there are professionals who can be elitist. There are
also amateurs who can be just as bad. Both of these elitist groups are, I
think, more than compensated for by the ones who are enthusiastic,
egalitarian, and anxious to bring more people into the tent.

Using the terms "elitist snobbery" and "elitism" when someone points out
that there are some features which AOL will not sustain, or equating this
knowledge with elitist "pros," is really insulting and has no basis
either in reality or with regard to the AOL discussion.

If someone seems to be a snob, your problem is with that person, not a
community. If you service does not support features that others do, your
problem is with that service, not a community. So I am in agreement with
Alex. There are too many people working too  hard to bring all the
factions of the paleo community together for the "elitist" postings to be
anything other than insults to people who do not deserve it.

Sally Shelton

|                 San Diego Natural History Museum                      |
|                          P. O. Box 1390                               |
|                San Diego, California   92112  USA                     |
|             phone (619) 232-3821; FAX (619) 232-0248                  |
|                     email LIBSDNHM@CLASS.ORG                          |