re:a new guy in town

On Mon, 19 Jun 1995, John Bauer wrote:

> Being a complete novice, I had no ides a that insects were represented in the
> fos
> fossil record.
> Could you enlighten me as to how old the arachnids are?
>
> Thanks,
> john

        You might want to pick up a copy of the March, 1995 issue of
Natural History.  It contains no less than 7 articles about spiders.
Most of the articles deal with extant "pideys", but there is a snippet in
the first article about a 138-mya fossil spider found in Spain.  There's
even a pretty picture of the fossil in question.

-Mikiel