Re: insects

>Are insects fossilized the same way that dinosaurs are?

I believe that most insects (and related small creatures) are
fossilized as carbon films or as imprints, usually in fine
grained sediments.  Dinosaurs are mainly known from their
bones, usually permineralized, but sometimes fully replaced.
Insects are also known from amber, and I'm sure everyone would
love to see a dinosaur preserved in amber!  There are some
miocene insects from Southern California that were replaced
by silica and retain exquisite 3-D shape and detail.

Art