Re: In defense of the mail list

> Well said Sabrina.  I too like the option of a mail list.  Again, if it
> gets too much, you can get it in digest form.
>
> My server only keeps the last 10 days of news groups and then there's
> gone.  The mail stays, in case you're away for a couple of weeks on
> business, vacation, or whatever.
>
> Maybe it can be set up as a dual feed (E-Mail and UseNet)?  I'm not that
> familiar with the administrative options available on the Net.

Evidently this is possible, and I therefore support starting a Usenet
group; I consider Usenet newsreaders (especially threaded ones) somewhat
easier to use than elm.
As to being away 10 days and having all the messages - well, in the
beginning this was manageable, but now, with 40 or so messages per
day...

The only thing worth considering is whether people want messages on the
newsgroup to be echoed here. I wager you do not; that would almost certainly
mean an influx of some creation/evolution stuff, as well as an invasion
by a fellow called Ted Holden (don't ask).

--
Tero Sand, 2 kyu (4k*)          ! "We have become... the stewards of life's
                                ! continuity on Earth. We did not ask for this