Re: Those Artifacts for sale (What's New)

Larry Smith writes:
>On another note, on another thread I asserted that several powerful
>workstations could be bought for the price of one mounting, making
>on-line, virtual museums a very attractive alternative.  Someone
>denied that, pointing out several remountings for anywhere from $3000
>to $44,000 they had done.

Yeah, that was me.  The $3000 was the Denver Museum's cost (labor and
parts) to mount a Coelophysis skeleton, and $44,000 to dismantle, clean
and remount the Diplodocus.  This is actual costs, not costs to make a
profit as with the cast skeletons Larry lists.