Re: Jurassosaurus

>Wanted: information on Chinese ankylosaur "Jurassosaurus".  This is the
>        dinosaur with the specific name named after the cast from the
>        movie "Jurassic Park".  Recently I heard the genus name was
>        changed to ?Tenenchiasaurus <--I think that's how it was spelled.

It is now Tianchisaurus (misprinted TianchiAsaurus in the title!),
published in Vertebrata PalAsiatica.  I posted the reference about two
weeks ago - I'll try to find it again.

It is an ankylosaurid from the Middle Jurassic.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
tholtz@geochange.er.usgs.gov
Branch of Paleontology & Stratigraphy
MS 970 National Center