RE: Sauropod eggs

>From: Garret Romaine <GRomaine@msmail.radisys.com>
 >
 > This gets me to wondering what would be a normal life span for a sauropod?
 > Decades? Centuries?

This is, again, not really known.  Based on size one presumes it
was fairly long, certainly several decades. but that is about
all one can say.

It is only in the few fossils that we have numerous skeletons of
that we can estimate age structure of the population.  For dinosaurs
this means Maiasaura, Iguanodon, Coelophysis (Ghost Ranch), perhaps
Protoceratops, and very few others.

The peace of God be with you.