RE: Sauropod eggs

This gets me to wondering what would be a normal life span for a sauropod?
Decades? Centuries?
 ----------
>From: dinosaur
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Sauropod eggs
Date: Wednesday, March 08, 1995 3:29PM

        While reading all the postings on sauropod eggs, I started
thinking about the relation between the size of an animal and the
frequency of reproduction.  Just speculation here, but given the size of
adult sauropods, isn't it likely that reproduction occured infrequently
relative to, say, mice?  Is there a general correlation between adult
body size (or even average life span) and the frequency of reproduction?
And if so, would it be significant enough to make hatchling or embryonic
sauropod fossils extremely rare?

 -Mikiel