Re: what is a J.P. Velociraptor

Scott Horton writes:

> I want to re-label the "Velociraptor" on the _Jurassic_Park_ poster...
> which name is more appropriate for
> this animal...?

I don't think a Utahraptor skull has been found, but the JP 'raptor is
very close in size to the parts of Utahraptor that have been unearthed.
When the Utahraptor was announced, remarks were made to the effect that
this discovery justified the size of the JP critters, if not the name.

-dick

|   Omnes hic mentes mihi sunt, non Collegio Armorum Digitalum.   |