No fossil evidence for live birth

Further to my posting about the possibility of sauropods giving live birth,
 it occurred to me that if they had carried fetuses to an advanced stage of
maturity,  there should be some fossil evidence of this--and so far as I
know,  there isn't.  However,  it is possible,  I suppose,  that the softer
bone structures of fetuses might not have been preserved in the fossil record
as were the harder bones of adults.  --Merritt Clifton,  editor,  ANIMAL
PEOPLE.