Re: Amateur question

HEATHER RAMSAY  <RAMSAY@cfr.cfr.ncsu.edu> asks:

> At what point did the Brontosaurus become Aptosaurus and why?

Since we haven't gotten our FAQs together yet, I've done the next best
thing for the above question.  Stan Friesen answered the questions
around this name change pretty well a couple of years ago, and I've
collected messages from him (and a couple of other people) and made
them available via listproc's help facility (the messages are much
longer than this one will be, and I'd rather not force people to see
them again :-)

If you'd like to see the messages, send the following line:

help brontosaurus

in the body of an e-mail message to: listproc@lepomis.psych.upenn.edu

If you prefer, you can also retrieve the file via anonymous ftp from
this machine in /pub.