Re: Dino fiction

I've been trying to remember a book that I had read a couple of years ago,
that sort of falls under the topic "Dino Fiction" - although the dino aspect
is a smallish part of the total.  I finally relocated the book... here goes.

It's a very enjoyable, if somewhat dated, exploration of time travel called
_Mastodonia_ by Clifford D. Simak, a Del Ray (Ballantine) book copyright
1978, and most likely no longer in print.  As I recall, the dinosaur(s) that
appear in the course of the story are not addressed in sufficient detail to
be labeled "traditional" or "modern," but the story as a whole is typically
engaging and well-considered; I'd expect no less from Simak.  All in all, a
fun read, except for those who can't stand time travel stories!  :)

Skip Dahlgren
Applications Programmer, Office of Educational Development
Phone: 501/296-1087; FAX: 501/686-5905
e-mail: sdahlgren@liblan.uams.edu; bcsskip@aol.com
-ex-archaeologist; lifelong afficionado of dinosaurs and their latter-day kin