Re: Common names for dinosaur...

>On Mon, 6 Mar 1995 Flyinggoat@aol.com wrote:
>
>> >"Big Ed" = Edmarkia rex
>> >"surrey dinosaur" = Baryonyx walkeria
>> >"Sue", "Stan", "Scotty", "Black Beauty" = Tyrannosaurus rex
>> >"Archie" = Archaeopteryx lithographica
>>      (isn't this just a species tag?)

The "Surrey Dinosaur" is also known as "Claws"
and if you are including re-creations the Crystal Palace Iguanodons are
known as "Rock"(The one on all fours) and "Paw" (the one with  a raised
front foot)these names were (as far as I know) first used in a childrens
story called "Dinosaurs don't die" by a local writer who's name I'm afraid I
can't remember.
Regards
Spike