K-T Extinctions

Does anyone know the outcome of the following K-T extinction study:
Back in 1992, I read about the opposing works of Jan Smit, Free
University, Amsterdam, and Gerta Keller, Princeton.  Both were
studying rocks from the El Kef Formation in Tunisia.  Their findings
were diametrically opposed.  In April, 1992, they were scheduled to
meet in Tunisia to collect samples of the El Kef Formation and then
swap the rocks to conduct "blind" analyses.
My question is does anyone know the outcome of this study?  Or can
anyone give me a reference for the results?  I've wondered for almost
3 years what came out of this showdown.

Thanks in advance!  :-)

Jan Dependahl
Dept. of Earth Sciences