Re: Dino fiction

  >On a kind-of-related note, does anyone know who wrote a short
  >story called (I think...) "A Distant Sound of Thunder", about

>> The title is "The Sound of Thunder", by Ray Bradbury.  It's in many
>> Bradbury anthologies or other collections of SF stories.  It was apparently
>> filmed for the cable show "Ray Bradbury Theatre", but I haven't seen that
>> particular episode yet.

Recently this has been spun into a series of paperbacks based on this
story, called, I think, "Dinosaur World".  I read the first one and can
find the name if anyone wants it.  The time travellers come back to an
alternate future (ours) and some teenagers, one of whom wants to be a
paleontologist, gets transported back to the Mesozoic, where they find
intelligent dinosaurs.  It was fairly trashy, I felt no inclination to
look for subsequent books in the series.

--
Jim Foley                             Symbios Logic, Fort Collins
Jim.Foley@FtCollinsCO.NCR.COM                (303) 223-5100 x9765