Dino Fiction

A while back, Scott Horton was asking about any worthwhile dinosaur
fiction.  Apart from Anne McCaffrey's 'Dinosaur Planet' trilogy
(which I bought for the Pteranodon on the cover, enjoyed, but cannot
remember how good the dinosaurs were), there was another novel, about
20 years ago, called 'The Parasaurians'.  It was about an individual
who had an island where he was genetically recreating dinosaurs, and
the attempts of people to try and stop him. [The climax seemed to
involve shots being fired into a box where either tyrannosaur eggs/
young where contained, and goo oozing out of the box. urg.]  Although
I am pretty sure it was published by Gollancz, I can't remember the
writer's name......but I'm pretty sure it wasn't Crichton..........

J.J.Liston
Hunterian Museum
University of Glasgow
Scotland