Re: educational outreach (was nerds...)

Bonnie and all,
        Thoroughly agree with essentially all of your points. I am
trying. I teach a science course for laymen (none engineers) and get a
fair percentage of teachers in it. I lecture to adults, schoolkids,
scouts, Navy League, etc, ad nauseum. Trying to make science palatable to
non-scientists.
        Since I tried to redo the Oceanography Merit Badge booklet for
the Boy Scouts (with great resistance from them even tho they asked me
yto do it) I have avoided Boy Scout Merit Badge work BUT why not a
dinosaur merit badge booklet, accurate, scientific and immediate, taking
advantage of the present great interest in DINO's? Whatchathink?

Diving Dinosaur, Geologist/Oceanographer/Ocean Engineer, 43 years SCUBA
mcallist@gate.net (305) 426-0808, Author Diving Locations, Boynton/Dania