Re: describing private specimens

Doesn't it make sense to describe an important fossil while one has the
chance to do so? Wouldn't it be a large loss to science if that private
owner decides remove the specimen from public viewing before any one
could write a paper on it.  Granted, donation would be ideal, but don't
let the chance go. Describe then talk them into donation.