No, I have not been hit by an asteroid

Hello everyone on the dinosaur list.

As I'm sure many of you have noticed (and tried to complain :-) The
list is sort of down.  I got no warning, or I would have warned you --
in fact, I was in the middle of responding in the color vision thread
when I got disconnected.  The problem is not with lepomis or with the
software running the list; the problem is with the connection between
lepomis and the rest of the internet.  That means there's good news
and bad news...  The good news is that I'm not the one fixing the
problems, so you can rest assured that the problems will get fixed.
The bad news is that I'm not the one fixing the problems, so I can't
really say WHEN they will be fixed.  The people responsible for
getting things back in order claim that they hope things will be
restored by the end of the week.  Lepomis could be reconnected as
early as tomorrow (March 28th in Philadelphia), however.  In any case,
rest assured that the list will be running again soon and enjoy your
vacation!

If you urgently want to contact me, write to this address.  I can't
receive mail on lepomis right now as it is physically disconnected
from the net.  I'll give you a more thorough explanation when things
come back up.  As it is, I can only hope this method of reaching you
will work...

--
Mickey Rowe     (rowe@pender.ee.upenn.edu)