CHANGE: ROADMAP@UA1VM

The folwg Internet lessons are free of charge. Anyone with email access can
retrieve these 27 lessons.
Terry/<colvint@cc.ims.disa.mil>/Cochise County, Arizona

Subject: CHANGE: ROADMAP@UA1VM
Author:  PCRISPE1@UA1VM.UA.EDU at smtp
Date:    24/3/1995 1:24 AM

ROADMAP@UA1VM           ROADMAP FOR THE INFORMATION SUPERHIGHWAY
ROADMAP@UA1VM.UA.EDU

   ROADMAP was a free, twenty-seven lesson Internet training workshop
   conducted via LISTSERV in the Fall of 1994 and early Spring of 1995.
   The response to the Roadmap workshop has been so incredible --
   over 80,000 people from 77 countries have participated in
   the workshop's four distribution lists -- that I have had
   to close the workshop's subscription lists to new subscribers.

   Wait ... it gets worse. At this point in time, I really don't
   have plans to repeat the Roadmap workshop anytime in the near
   future.

   That's the bad news. The good news is that even though you can
   no longer subscribe to Roadmap, I have set up a way that you can
   get all of the Roadmap workshop lessons sent to you! I have placed
   every single one of the Roadmap workshop's 27 lessons on a computer
   at the University of Alabama, and you can retrieve the lessons
   using a few, simple e-mail commands (am I a great guy or what?).

   To find out how to retrieve the Roadmap workshop lessons, and
   to find out a little more about the Roadmap workshop itself, all
   you have to do is send an e-mail letter to

                    LISTSERV@UA1VM.UA.EDU

   (that's "you-ay-won-vee-em") with the command

                    GET MAP PACKAGE F=MAIL

   in the *BODY* of your e-mail letter.

   NOTE: Simply replying to the letter that you are reading right now
   with a GET MAP PACKAGE F=MAIL command will *NOT* work. You must
   send a *NEW* letter to

                    LISTSERV@UA1VM.UA.EDU

   with the command

                    GET MAP PACKAGE F=MAIL

   in the body of your letter for your command to work.

   After you send your letter off, a computer at the University of
   Alabama will process your letter, and will -- usually within
   24 hours -- e-mail you two letters: one telling you a little
   more about the Roadmap workshop, and another telling you how
   you can retrieve the workshop lessons with a few, simple e-mail
   commands.

   Cool, huh?

   You can also find the Roadmap workshop archives on the University
   of Alabama's CMS Gopher server (UA1VM.UA.EDU) in the "Network Resources,
   Services and Information" menu, or on my World Wide Web homepage
   at http://ua1vm.ua.edu/~crispen/crispen.html

   I do have one small request, though: please do NOT write to
   POSTMASTER@UA1VM.UA.EDU, POSTMASTER@UA.EDU, LISTMASTER@UA1VM.UA.EDU,
   or ROADMAP-REQUEST@UA1VM.UA.EDU asking them to add you to Roadmap.
   The workshop's subscription lists really ARE closed <<smile>>.
   The only way to get the lessons is with the GET MAP PACKAGE F=MAIL
   command.

   Thank you again for your interest in the Roadmap workshop, and I hope
   that you will enjoy the lessons.

   (\__/)  .~    ~. ))
   /O O  ./      .'               PATRICK DOUGLAS CRISPEN
  {O__,   \    {                   PCRISPE1@UA1VM.UA.EDU
    / .  . )    \                THE UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA
  '---.~_ _ _&                       Warning: squirrels.

   DISCLAIMER: NEW-LIST announcements are edited from information
   provided by the original submitter.  We do NOT verify the technical
   accuracy nor any claims made in the announcements nor do we
   necessarily agree with them.  We do not warranty or guarantee any
   services which might be announced - use at your own risk.  For more
   information send e-mail to LISTSERV@VM1.NoDak.EDU with the command
   GET NEW-LIST README  in the body.  mgh