Re: school libraries

My experience teaching in a K-8 districvt is that the library facility is
terrible. Our proposed solution is to invest in the Internet and CD-ROM
research tools rather than hard copies. Parents support this, ironically some
teachers and the "librarian"(another 1/2 time aide) are trying to block it.

My 6-8 students are reguklarly thrown out of the library because their
encyclopedia research interferes with some 1st graders watcning cartoons.

Yeecchh!