Re: Student homework

Re libraries,  I have the experience of trying to find a school hereabouts
(Adirondacks region,  upstate NY) that has a good library and other
educational essentials,  the experience of having guest-lectured in many
Quebec elementary schools during the 1980s which often had no libraries,  and
the experience of both my parents,  both of whom are recently retired
schoolteachers,  who made up for the deficiencies of the libraries at various
places they worked by purchasing and donating books themselves.   (The
Catholic school my son now attends has a library,  of sorts,  because parents
staff it on a volunteer basis.  The only new books it received this year were
the ones we donated.)  --Merritt Clifton,  editor,  ANIMAL PEOPLE.