Re: Bakker and popularizing science

> From: Ray McAllister <mcallist@gate.net>
>  >I find warm blooded,
>  >sexual and colorful dinos not all bad altho there is little evidence for
>  >the latter. Go Bakker!
>
> Hmm, don't you mean "former"?  It is the warm-blooded issue for
> which the evidence is equivocal.  In fact there is good reason
> to conclude that dinosaurs had a physiology that doesn't fit
> well in the modern classification (neither warm-blooded nor cold).

Sorry for nitpicking, but neither 'former' nor 'latter' can be used when
there are three categories :-) However, I agree with the defense of Bob
Bakker:  a field of science in which everyone agreed with everyone else
would be as boring as a football game with both teams on the same side.

Stephen Dedman
Sf writer, former English teacher, legal typist, and used dinosaur
salesman (honest).