Re: Student homework

Peter Sheehan <sheehan@csd4.csd.uwm.edu>:
>And the contract taken out on America is still in the future.

I would strongly urge we try to keep our politics out of this
list, if you please.  We all have our own ideas of how the gov't
should spend our children's inheritance but this is not the forum
for it.

If you are distressed by potential cuts that might come about as
the gov't somewhat reduces the rate of borrowing, then perhaps a
thread about what we can do as individuals to take up the slack
for our schools would be in order.  In particular, I'd like to
see some of the teachers suggest how local people can open a
dialog and add some value to the curriculum with volunteerism.

However, I do stand ready to debate politics if we must again
descend there.  'nuff said.  I hope.

regards,
Larry Smith