Re: Student Questions

I think it's worth pointing out that many students do not have access to a
decent library.  Here in rural New York,  budget cutbacks are such that no
school library within an hour's drive of us gets any new books other than
mandated texts that aren't donated by parents.  (We donate a lot--my own
reference collection is probably the best on animal-related topics between
Plattsburg and Albany.)  Public libraries are essentially lending libraries
of adult fiction.  As many people on this list have griped in the recent
past,  many older references on dinosaurs are quite obsolete--so where's the
real harm in a kid borrowing his old man's computer to make a few Internet
inquiries?  --Merritt Clifton,  editor,  ANIMAL PEOPLE.