Deinonychus/Velociraptor

In 1988 Greg Paul sunk the genus Deinonychus into Velociraptor on th basis of
morphological similarities in the book "Predatory Dinosaurs of the World".
 He restored the head longer and lower.  In Ostrom's article in "The
Dinosauria", he seemed to just blow off Paul's argument as wrong on the basis
of temporal and morphological differences.  He almost seemed to have some
hiden malice towards Paul (it seemed to me).  Do any of you pros out there
have any comment on whether Paul's arguments hold any merit, or if Ostrom was
right to say that he was wrong.  I'm not a pro, and I haven't myself examined
the bones, but it seems to me Paul's argument should be taken into
consideration.  Thanks.

Peter Buchholz
Stang1996@aol.com