Re: Dealing with homework requests

OK, can we get off of this subject which is IMHO getting really,really
getting old (Late Archean), Anyway Let's get back on the issue in which
this list was created. I can put up with a lot of complaining but this tops.
I think that the only thing we can do if you really want to help them is
give them the references and let them do the research. It's true that we
cannot just hand feed them the information yet we do have some
responsibility as Paleontologists, no matter what level, to answer
questions of the public (I myself think that it's kind of fun). What we
should do is give them the forks and let them dig in. What I mean is give
them the beginning of the answer but leave them with the rest to figure
out(Clues?). This may sound alittle hokie but it works. Now let's get
back to the Holocene and talk about dinosaurs.....

Aaron Feuk
Preparator,Dept. of Earth Sciences
Pacific Lutheran University
Tacoma,Wash.,98447