Banana

This is off the subject of dinosaurs, but was interesting in a
palentological sense.  Seems there is a researcher at the University of
Florida that has identified a banana peel that was X million years old.  I
didn't catch the age of the fossil, but it was found in Oregon a few years
back and was just recently identified.  Anyone have any more information?

This brings up the question:
How do flowering plants and/or fruits overlap with the dinosaurs?  I seem to
recall that flowers evolved either at the end of the Cretaceous or early in
the Tertiary, but of course I could be off by a couple hundred million years
:>)

Steve
skshowa@sandia.gov
skshow@rt66.com