Hollow theropod bones

Tom Holtz:

Ken set me straight on this one.  My mistake, the medullary cavity had
been present on this specimen originally.  The cavity was essentially
filled in when one side of the bone was crushed, giving it a solid look.

The Carnosauria has been a problomatic grouping ever since its
inception. I know that D.Norman, et all, have moved tyrannosaurids out
of Carnisauria, but in the Dinosauria, Molnar retains them on his
Carnisauria cladogram. He does not list any arguments for doing so,
however.  He may still be using Carnosauria as a catch-all for "all the
big theropods that don't fit in any other group". Why do you think that
they don't fit on the Carnisaur clade?

                      Still slightly puzzled in Denver
                            Virginia Tidwell