Re: Fwd: Re: extinction at the K/T boundary

To me, there is only one relevant question on this topic: What kind of=
 effect would the Chixiculub (sp?) asteroid have caused?  Would the effects=
 be merely annoying, or apocalyptic (perhaps, somewhere in between)?  I=
 think we can say that a strike like this would definately have an effect on=
 the flora/fauna.  Even then, was the impact the ultimate cause (unlikely)=
 or was it the coup de grace?  It would be reasonable to suggest that a=
 stressed ecosystem would crash and burn after a large impact.  Comments?  I=
 know you have them;-D

Rob

***
Q. What echinoderm is very sad?