Re: Is braincase size _really_ indicative of Intelligence?

OK- I am running a little behind responding to this post, but I thought
someone might be interested in some of these references on the topic of brain
size and intelligence.  I have not read most of these, but I was collecting
the references in hopes of developing a graphing/lab activity on the subject.
 That activity has not been written yet!!

Does anyone have any other sources that might be useful?

Marilyn

Giffin, E.B. 1994. "Paleoneurology: Reconstructing the Nervous System of
Dinosaurs" in Dinofest 1994.

Hopson, J. A. "Relative Brain Size in Dinosaurs: Implications for Dinosaurian
Endothermy" in AAAS Selected Symposium (1978), A Cold Look at the
Warm-blooded Dinosaurs.  ed. by R.D.K. Thomas and E.C. Olson.

Jerison, H.J. 1973.  Evolution of the Brain and Intelligence. Academic Press,
New York.

Lewin, R. 1989. What makes bigger brains? Science 244: 1544.

McGowan, C. 1994. Diatoms and Dinosaurs: The Size and Scale of Living Things.
Island Press.

McMahon, T.A. and J.T. Bonner. 1983. On Size and Life. Scientific American
Books.              New York: W.H. Freeman

Pagel, M.D. 1989. Taxonomic differences in the scaling of brain on body
weight among mammals. Science 244: 1589-1593.