Re: SVP in the Steel City (Long)

     G Paul said:
     >Jurassic Park - Stephen Gatsey showed that the "running" T rex in JP
     >is actually walking (one foot is always in contact with the ground)
     >at a mere 12 mph! It is interesting that the top speed of racing
     >Asian elephants is also 12 mph. To go faster requires a running gait
     >with a supsended phase. So much for the claim in a special on the
     >making of JP by the animator that he had come up with a realistic
     >gait for a fast T rex.

     I'd like to point out that the animators of JP1 also had to work with
     an animation tool that did not allow ball-and-socket-like joints when
     constructing the model for animation, such as those found in the
     femur-hip of therapods, and thus had to fake it with what they had.
     The knees of the JP1 T rex wobbled during the run like somone doing
     the Charleston because of it.  The software has improved in JP2.