Re: T.rex toothpick debate

Personally, I don't see that the arms needed to be used for anything at all,
except perhaps for reaching a nearby itch.  That they still retain sharp
claws may have more to do with the fact that there was no reason to lose the
claws than the possibility that they were used for something.
_T. rex_ was still, in my opinion, an admirably adapted hunter, even without
"useful" arms.  It concentrated its killing power in the massive jaws and
jaw muscles, powerful neck muscles and, of course, the hind legs.  As such,
_T. rex_ didn't really _need_ its arms!  At least not for bringing down prey.

It would have been interesting to see whether or not the arms would have
completely disappeared, were it not for the demise of _T. rex_ and its
friends.

DSmith.