2nd law of thermodynamics

   I got into a conversation with a creationist while hawking my wares
tonight.  He stated that the 2nd law of thermodynamics (you can't convert
100% of thermal energy to mechanical; also; that systems go from ordered to
disordered, or remain the same) proves that evolution cannot happen without
the hand of god.

   I'd never heard this argument before, and my memory of physics fades as
the years pass, so didn't know how to debate him.  I wasn't about to ask him
for an explanation.  Does anybody know the tenents of this argument?

** 11/1/95. Sauropods are the Dinosaur-of-the-Month. Check out our home page **
** at http://www.infinet.com/~jpoling/ for price lists and dinosaur essays.  **