Re: DINOSAUR digest 688

>Robert.J.Meyerson@uwrf.edu
><<Except that the large sauropods were extinct by the time of T. rex.  It
>appears that the only prey rex had to deal with were ceratopians and
>hadrosaurs.>>
>
>But there were in North America, at least the one titanosaur _Alamosaurus_
>(and I doubt that it was the ONLY one, though finding another species is a
>different story); and in Asia, where there were many other species of
>Tyrannosaurs (_Maleevosaurus_, _Jinghiskhan_, _Tarbosaurus_, Alectrosaurus_,
>and _Alioramus_) AND many species of large sauropods (_Opisthicoelocaudia_,
>_Quesitosaurus_, _Nemegtosaurus_, Mongolosaurus_ and lots more).  Maybe,
>Tyrannosaurs are native to Asia, and they evolved their short, _strong_ arms
>just for the purpose of shoving their heads out of carcasses that they got
>stuck in.
>
>Peter Buchholz
>Stang1996@aol.com

        Don't forget _Dysolocosaurus_, the possible (but probably not)
Upper Cretaceous ?diplodocid? from Wyoming!  8-)

Jerry D. Harris                       (214) 768-2750
Shuler Museum of Paleontology         FAX:  (214) 768-2701
Southern Methodist University         jdharris@lust.isem.smu.edu
Box 750395                            (Compuserve:  73132,3372)
Dallas  TX  75275-0395

"And she looked like she had sex
With a _Tyrannosaurus rex_."

                 --  Marillion, "Cannibal Surfer Babe," _Afraid of Sunlight_