Re: Glut's Encyclopedia

On Mon, 6 Nov 1995, Cunningham, Betty wrote:

>      I saved this little clipping a while ago, and I just found it again.
>      Is this out yet?  Has anyone reviewed it yet?  Where can it be found?
>

>      >Donald F. Glut's "Dinosaurs: the encyclopedia"
>      >ISBN 0899509177
>      >published by McFarland
>      >is to be released 9-30-95, at a cost of $145.00
>
>      -Betty Cunningham

        Regarding Glut's work, I definitely do _not_ suggest that anyone
buys his "Dinosaur Dictionary". My relatives bought this for me, thinking
it would be a good addition to my little library. It was supposedly
written in 1972, but there is such a lack of information, the reader
feels like saying "To hell with this", and picking up a Golden Book on
dinosaurs. There is no mention of Deinonychus (which was a sixties
discovery), all the photos and diagrams are of the old plodders ( T rex
even has three fingers ), and the entry on Velociraptor reads :
        A coelurosaur, with some megalosaurian features.
Compared to a lot of other texts available at the time, this was a poor
effort. I like his Transformers script "The Primitives" even better.
                                        Marcus Good