couple things

Jerry harris replied to my suggestion that archy flew to get away. I think
that he misunderstood what I was getting at. I'm only saying that archy flew
away from danger (not into trees, just away). Back in my old days when I
tried fairly unsuccessfully to hunt pheasant they would jump up and fly
before you could get in range and fly about a quarter or half mile just to
get away. There are no (very few ) trees in Kansas just as in the lagoons so
I think that the metaphore holds.

paul