Dinosaur Genera List corrections #19

If I haven't added this one already in a previous correction (it's been a
week since I wrote the last note), add in

Pawpawsaurus Jacobs, 1995 [nomen nudum]

It's a nodosaurid from the early Cretaceous of Texas, featured in Lou
Jacobs's new book _Lone Star Dinosaurs_. I was able to grab a copy at the
SVP. The cover dino, also shown in the current _Dinosaur Report_, is not just
_Tenontosaurus_ but the new species _Tenontosaurus dossi_ (noted in the book,
but this may not be its exact official name when it is published; description
is in press).

The fossil named

Dravidosaurus Yadagir & Ayyasami, 1979

is no longer a stegosaur or even a dinosaur. It is based on plesiosaur
fragments, according to Sankar Chatterjee. Although I've also been warned to
consider the source of this correction, I think Sankar is probably right
here; I've always had doubts about this genus as a late Cretaceous stego,
ever since I tried to fit the figures in the paper to the photos and
couldn't. Good to put this taxon out of its misery; add an asterisk. Sankar
also notes that _Bruhathkayosaurus_, formerly the titanic theropod, is almost
certainly a titanic titanosaurid sauropod (at least it's not petrified wood).

These undescribed Chinese dinos from Dashanpu should have their years changed
to 1993:

Abrosaurus [Anonymous] 1993 [nomen nudum]
Gigantspinosaurus [Anonymous] 1993 [nomen nudum]

They appear in faunal lists in little guidebooks to the dinosaurs of Zigong;
a photo of the skull of Abrosaurus is featured in one of them. It is entirely
possible that these guidebooks are not anonymous, but I can't find the
English names of the authors, if any, anywhere in the text. Thanks much to
Dan Chure for obtaining the guidebooks for me from Beijing.

Two more dinosaurs have appeared in newspaper accounts that reveal their
names:

Sonorasaurus [Anonymous] 1995 [nomen nudum]
Tonouchisaurus Barsbold, 1994 [nomen nudum]

The former is a hadrosaurid (Late Cretaceous) from Arizona and is outed in an
account in a Phoenix newspaper (I haven't seen the article yet, so it may not
be anonymous); the latter is a 1-meter-long "ancestral tyrannosaurid" (Early
Cretaceous) known from didactyl forelimbs and feet lacking the pinched
metatarsal III of Arctometatarsalia. This I learned directly from Barsbold,
who was at the SVP meeting. He says he has been looking for this theropod all
his life. His paper describing the dino (_Tonouchisaurus mongoliensis_) is in
press.

Genera count is now 774.