Re: T. rex's forelimbs

>> Now there was little tiff between Paul Sereno and Tom Holtz started by the
>> former over early "dinosaur" phylogentics, but that is another matter.

STOP PRESS
Dateline: SVP

          HOLTZ PUTS THE BOOT IN

Who says palaeontologists as a stuffy lot? Conferencegoers at the latest
SVP meeting were shocked by a vicious altercation between Drs. Tom Holtz
and Paul Sereno. Holtz was reported as saying afterwards "I do not agree
with him [Sereno], and now he knows it." Sereno, sporting a badly bruised
cladogram, commented, "It's not over, there is always NAPC-6." Some, more
cynical, bystanders thought that the whole thing was a publicity stunt
orchestrated by Holtz to garner interest in the session he is chairing at
the forthcoming NAPC-6 (North American Paleontological Conference) in
Washington. Whatever the reason, the ghosts of Marsh and Cope apparently
still haunt the vaulted halls of American vertebrate palaeontology.

Chris

it was all downhill from there.