Re: ankylosaurs

>What is the current placement for _Minmi paravertebra_ and
>"Jurassosaurus"?  Are they nodosaurids, ankylosaurids, or belong to a
>more primitive grouping within the Ankylosauria?
>
>---John Schneiderman (dino@revelation.unomaha.edu)

Don't know much about "Jurassosaurus" and I don't want to gazump Ralph's
work on the 1990 specimen of Minmi, but that little bugger is proving
difficult to place in either the nodosaurids or ankylosaurids. Until Ralph
has finished his analysis, we really had better settle on thyreophoran,
just to play it safe.

I'll keep you up dated as things develop on this front.

Cheers, Paul

pwillis@ozemail.com.au