Re: Cryptozoology

>Hate to seem picky, but it there were verifiable evidence of a creatures
>existance, would it not be removed from the realms of cryptozoology?
>
>Cheers, Paul
>
>pwillis@ozemail.com.au

Not necessarily, as the continuing argument over "pygmy" elephants and the
so-called "onza" specimen from Mexico shows.  You can get into arguments
over identity.

Apropos of this, it is interesting to note that despite the exciting
discoveries of new species of large mammals, birds, and other animals in
recent years - totally unsuspected by zoologists  and cryptozoologists alike
- NOT ONE of the creatures discussed in the "bible" of cryptozoology,
Bernard Huevelmans' "On the Track of Unknown Animals" has been verified as
real in the forty years since its frst publication in 1955.
Office: 130 Adelaide Street W., Suite 1940
Toronto, Ontario Canada M5H 3P5