BAAD BCF

Ron and Rob have been discussing the possible existance of contour feathers.
Ron is saying that there had tobe some intermediate feather before flight. RO
was saying that there does not appear to be any evidence etc.

I'm sitting here looking at my very fine cast of the Berlin Archie and there
is something beneath each knee that sure liiks like a feathery covering.  To
a lesser degree one can see the same thing in photographs.  One also sees
that on many artist reconstructions. However to me it sure looks like Archy
had on some feather like stockings along with the flight feathers which gets
everyone's attention.

comments?
paul sparks