Dinosaur Genera List corrections #30

This just in from Adrian Hunt, who is patiently waiting for me to finish
reviewing his phytosaur manuscript:

Add this genus

Jainosaurus Hunt, Lockley, Lucas & Meyer, 1995 (not 1994)

This is a new genus for the old species Antarctosaurus septentrionalis von
Huene & Matley, 1933, and is classified as a titanosaurid by the authors (who
I think correctly remove Antarctosaurus to the family Dicraeosauridae). The
"(not 1994)" means that, although the paper appears in a publication dated
1994 (December), it was not actually published until 1995. The ICZN insists
that the date of a taxon be the actual date of publication.

Here's the reference:

Hunt, A. P., Lockley, M. G., Lucas, S. G. and Meyer, C. A., 1995 (not 1994).
"The global sauropod fossil record," _Gaia 10_: 261-279.

I have not yet seen the paper, but 19 pages on sauropods should be very
interesting indeed.