Re: BCF and BADD

>Also - I believe there is no evidence that Archaeopteryx even HAD contour
>feathers (the type used for insulation).  I know of no hard evidence
>suggesting that insulating feathers evolved before the remiges and rectrice=
s.

Right.  However, it is highly unlikely that flight feathers are going to=
 sprout from some theropod's arms, there will have to be a few transitional=
 steps.  From this, we can deduce the existance of contour feathers. =
 Besides, contour feathers are considerably softer than flight feathers, we=
 would expect differing (or no) preservation.

Rob
=20

***
Labrynthodonts: Amphibians that lived with the Minitaur!