Re: SCRAPPING ROOS!

>     My dad told me abould some bird in I think it was Australia or New
>Zealand that he had problems with out in the feild.  This bird supposedly
>like to climb up to the tops of tents, then SLIDE DOWN, slashing open the
>tent as it slid, to get at food and stuff inside.  I can't remeber if it
>was a cassowary or some other kind of bird with wicked feet claws.
>
>LN Jeff

This was certainly the kea (Nestor notabilis), a kind of parrot confined to
New Zealand's South Island - this activity is well-known.   However, they do
the deed with their beaks, not their claws.  Keas are also accused of
ripping out kidneys from living sheep, though the evidence for this is
questionable.
Office: 130 Adelaide Street W., Suite 1940
Toronto, Ontario Canada M5H 3P5