Re: BCF and BADD

>From: Robert.J.Meyerson@uwrf.edu (Rob Meyerson)
 >
 > All this centers around the assumption that flight evolved in the trees
 >  from what I have read, the jury is still out on that one.

While I am somewhat skeptical of Olshevsky's theory, I do agree with him
on this.  I do not believe any of the ground-up models of origin for
flight to be viable.

The minimum way out of this problem is for at least some small theropods
to have been arboreal. This is not as strange as it might sound. In a
small animal arboreal adaptations can be quite minimal - squirrels have
feet that are not that much different than those of terrestrial rodents.
(In fact there are very few rodents that cannot climb at need). Thus
a small (Compsognathus-sized) theropod might well be able to climb
without any special adaptations at all.

The peace of God be with you.