KILLING WITH KICKS

> > Ostriches have purportedly killed lions with kicks.
>
> And people.

Sorry, I should make this clear to avoid ambiguity. Ostriches have killed people
with kicks, in the same way that they have killed lions. They have not killed
lions by battering them with people, which was implied. Apologies.

I have a source handy where two male ostriches have been photographed fighting.
They have their wings out (both for stabilising and for display I reckon),
mouths wide open (as if they're shouting at each other) and are kicking each
others lower legs. For those of you that know your G.S. Paul pictures, the scene
looks damn near identical to 'Two male _Daspletosaurus_ fighting in a cat-tail
marsh', or whatever it's called. Now is that just a coincidence?

"But now I hold my head up high and you see me, somebody new, I'm not that
chained up little person still in love with you"

DARREN NAISH